The Top 10 Construction Tools for 2024
The construction industry continues to evolve with better equipment and tools, and 2024 is set to showcase some groundbreaking trends in tools and equipment, enhancing efficiency and safety on the job site. Read on for our construction tool recommendations when looking to upgrade or expand your current toolset.
2024 Trends in Construction Tools and Equipment
One trend we’re seeing is portable, battery-powered equipment. This is a move away from pneumatic and gas tools towards cordless and battery-powered tools. This, alongside a trend for compact tools, gives construction workers much more flexibility, including enhanced safety and greater efficiency. Find more stand-out construction tools for 2024 and beyond.
1. FODs Reusable Construction Entrances
Emphasizing sustainability and practicality, FODs reusable construction entrances provide an innovative solution to manage site access, minimizing environmental impact and maintenance costs. FODS construction entrances and trackout control mats offer the following benefits:
- Superior Durability: Engineered to withstand harsh environments for over 10 years, FODS mats offer a long-lasting solution compared to traditional gravel or stone entrances.
- Eco-friendly and Cost-Efficient: As a completely reusable system, FODS mats significantly reduce waste and offer a sustainable, cost-effective alternative to single-use materials.
- Rapid, Hassle-Free Installation: Designed for quick deployment, FODS can be set up in about 30 minutes, ensuring your project stays on schedule.
- Effective Mud and Debris Control: The unique pyramid design effectively removes debris from vehicle tires, maintaining cleaner site exits and reducing environmental impact.
2. Adjusta Stairs
Adjusta Stairs introduce versatility and safety to construction sites, offering customizable and adjustable solutions for accessing various heights and uneven terrains with ease. Efficient, portable stair ladders. These are an innovative new solution that offers safe multi-level height access for professionals on job sites
- 5-minute set up at a time and are adjustable. Treads will self-level.
- Designed for multiple industries and spaces – trench access, high access, floor-to-floor access, rail access, truck access, etc.
SafeSmart’s devoted clientele saw the need for quicker and safer access to levels on construction sites, and they helped to develop what is today one of the most reputable devices in the world.
Polaris ProXD Crew Cab UTV
The Polaris ProXD Crew Cab UTV stands out for its robust performance and adaptability. It provides unmatched utility and comfort for efficient crew transportation and moving equipment and materials across challenging construction landscapes.
- Greater safety by providing a stable and enclosed mode of transportation.
- Allow for quick evacuation in case of emergencies.
- Two options include UTV 4 seat and UTV 2 seat, both with hauling bed.
5. Hilti Cordless Fastening Tool
Revolutionizing fastening tasks, the Hilti Cordless Fastening Tool brings precision, speed, and cordless convenience to construction sites, enhancing productivity and work quality.
- Battery-powered fastening tool for attaching drywall track and other light-duty fastening to concrete, steel, and masonry
- Can replace your gas-actuated tools for laying track with lower noise, recoil, maintenance
- No gas costs
- Powerful cordless performance – drive up to 850 nails
- Neuron battery
- Greater efficiency with brushless motor
- Engineered for better handling
- Contoured grip, short stroke, and LED light
6. DeWalt Cordless Drywall Router
DeWalt’s Cordless Drywall Router combines power and portability, allowing professionals to execute precise drywall cutting without the constraints of cords. Fantastic for recessed lighting, electrical boxes, and outlets.
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery
7. Makita Electric Metal Saw
Makita’s 12-Inch Metal Cutting Saw (model LC1230) redefines metal cutting with its powerful performance, precision, and durability, meeting the rigorous demands of modern construction work.
- 15 AMP motor delivers 1,700 RPM for the most demanding applications
- 4X faster cutting in light pipe, angle iron, tubing, conduit, and channel than abrasive cut-off saws
- Ideal for any job site, this powerful & portable tool makes cutting metal a breeze
8. Cordless Circular Saw
The Cordless Circular Saw offers unmatched flexibility and power for cutting tasks, enabling workers to deliver precise and efficient cuts anywhere on the site without the hassle of cords. A powerful tool that you can take anywhere on the job site.)
- Safer – easier to use since it doesn’t have a cord that can get in the way or pose tripping hazards.
- Suitable for remote job sites, outdoor projects, or areas where access to electricity is limited
9. Cordless Drill Driver
Cordless 12v 3/8″ Drill Driver Kit is lightweight and compact to decrease down-time and fit in tight spaces. Great for light overhead work or hanging doors. The Cordless Drill Driver is an indispensable tool for any construction project, offering unmatched versatility, power, and convenience for drilling and driving tasks in various materials.
- LED light provides visibility in dark areas (helps with safety)
- Versatile, powerful, and convenient
Lithium-ion batteries are powerful and long-lasting
10. Johns Manville Fiberglass Insulation
The range of spray polyurethane foam (SPF) insulation solutions from John Manville offers exceptional air and sound control and improved thermal energy efficiency. SPF insulation may outperform conventional fiberglass insulation, fill in all gaps and holes, and function well in difficult-to-insulate locations. The open-cell and closed-cell SPF product categories from Johns Manville provide excellent performance, outstanding yield, and remarkable sprayability.
- Johns Manville spray foam insulation offers seamless coverage (airtight barrier, eliminates gaps and voids that can occur with traditional insulation materials), making it more effective.
- This spray foam insulation typically performs better than other materials like fiberglass or cellulose.
- Spray foam has strong adhesive properties, is moisture resistant, and has a long-life span.
Steadfast Reliability with 365 Equipment & Supply
365 Equipment & Supply has established itself as the number one source for construction tools and equipment, locally and beyond. Our extensive inventory spans from hand tools to power accessories and larger construction machinery, including excavators, tower cranes, and the latest in aerial boom lifts. No matter what you’re looking our expert team can help you find what you need. Learn more about our volume discounts, delivery options, and Supply on Demand service. Choose 365 Equipment & Supply as your reliable partner for construction projects of any scale all year long.